79 1100 low beam is getting 12+v, but is very dim.HELP!

allen1100
This post is 4416 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just bought what was once a beautiful show bike that had been neglected and abused. Cosmetics are beautiful, but it has a 0few minor (I hope) issues. Low beam is REALLY low. Put a meter on the socket and tried another bulb I had laying around. Same result. What number bulb is required?

Or is it an electrical problem?

While I'm here, After warming up a bit, sounds like marbles are rolling around in the tranny. Put a stethoscope on the clutch cover and it was coming from more so there than else where.

Finally, I've been told of a 2nd gear problem common toi 1100's... mine sometimes seems to down shift, to 1st, but comes right back. was that the problem. My 5th Yamaha. An old 180, 3 Visions, and now the 11000. Yamahas rule!

Any or all answers? Please post and also please send to renthalf@yahoo. com.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Allen

P.S.

It's a trike, origonated in FL. now in PA. "El Jefe"

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Allen. Sorry I cant help with the technical difficulties. You're apt to get a better response from some members if you introduce yourself in the new member section though. Welcome to the YOC.

Headlight...bad ground

jumping out of 1st gear bent shift fork or worn dogs on the gear

Marbles hmmm mabey thats where mine went?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online