CS5 charge light staying on

flyday58
This post is 4334 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Having an issue where my charge light will not go out unless I force the cut-out relay into contact with a screwdriver. It will then charge normally with the light out as long as I don't idle. When the rpm drops back to idle the light comes back on and won't go out, and it is not charging. I have tried both regulators I have with the same result, so suspect the prob is not a regulator prob.

Starter works fine with a full charge on the battery, all brushes in the stator are new or nearly new. Out of town to the U.K. for the next few days, so looking to get this sorted when I return home.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nevermind, found it. Whoever removed the armature I bought on ebay used vise-grips on the commutators to hold it. I cleaned up the damage but failed to notice one of the commutators is proud of the rest where the pliers were crimped on. It destroyed 2 of the brushes and knocked another so hard it was stuck fully retracted in its holder. No wonder it would not charge! smiley35.gif

Will have to deal with it when I come home. Have some brushes I can install after dressing the commutator segment and clean the carbon dust out of everything. Double smiley35.gif !!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online