Problem rewiring RS100T

xtrimmm
This post is 4422 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys! I'm restoring my uncle's RS100T I dunno what year it is but on the engine I see a sort of a serial number, 3VM024196. And it doesn't have a CDI as well. the problem is I bought a new wiring harness and tore all the old wiring harness apart. Now I am new to wiring motorcycles but I managed to rewire my own, the problem is this RS100's wiring system is different than mine so now I am having a terrible headache figuring out how to rewire this thing. I downloaded a manual for an RS100 but unfortunately it is for the one with the CDI which is kinda confusing for me. So far the only thing that I was able to fix is the headlight turning ON/OFF and making it HIGH/LOW and the brake light turning ON only when the bike is ON. If anyone can send me a manual for this model it would be much appreciated. BTW what I did was to change the rectifier to 12V coz I was trying to convert this to 12V. The bike is 17 years old so I don't have a clue what other parts it is missing, so far the electrical stuff that I see is battery 12V (new one), rectifier 12V (new), wiring harness (new) , a round cylindrical thing it think is some sort of charger and another smaller cylindrical thing which is connected to the stator. What I am trying to figure out is how to connect the parts together. I don't know how to connect the battery to the charger thing so if you guys can tell me what color of wire to connect it to it would help me out. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm afraid I can't help you with the wiring. I took a lot of pictures and made a lot of notes before I removed the wiring on my DT. I'm sure other people here will be able to help, but that might not happen until after you introduce yourself in the new member section. :) good luck and welcome.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online