73' DT 250f emulsion tube

This post is 4288 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Been searching for the correct emulsion tube for this bike and im having no luck. mine is trashed, jet snapped off inside and the part number is all worn away. info on the tube number or where to get it would be great. thanks for your help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well your at the right place lots of intrest in thoes bikes here,but I would suggest posting a proper intro in new members section.Then you will get lots of info

Flyday" i was thinking the same,,, DT 250F is a monoshock,,, :eusa_think: maybe he can share how to make tube ,,

welcome rob,,, were yoyu born in Memphis ?

Thanks for the link, but the problem I guess im having is that I'm trying to find it locally and all those parts catalogs only have the part number and not the actual number stamped on the side (what my local shops go by) also not that I couldn't buy both but why do they always have more than one option? Why not just show the one that's stock with the bike? Anyone know a place where they're still in stock? Also your Jeremy clarkson picture cracks me up every time I see it!

My local Yamaha shop has to order parts like this, guess from Japan because it takes a while to get them. So I just use the online parts houses like the one in the link. I put in the link so you could point out what you're referring to as 'emulsion tube' so we can advise you a little better.

There are multiple sizes to jets and pilots to help with tuning, and the same motor today needs a little tinkering with the jetting to run correctly on our ethanol-based gas. They gotta run rich or you risk 'holing' a piston.

emulsion tube AKA 'Needle Jet' Richard

Have you got a parts list Rob? you may find the number in the 'Service Data'

Done a bit of 'Googling' is this it?

you're lucky NW Vintage have them :thumb:

http://www.partspitstop.com/pages/OemParts#%2fYamaha%2fDT3_-_1973%2fCARBURETOR%2fDT3_(1973_MOTORCYCLE)%2fCARBURETOR_(DT3_-_1973)

http://www.nwvintage...-28-00&st=spart

Thanks so much buddy i appreciate it, i know that im going to have too fool with the jetting to get it right but without the stock tube its hard to figure out where to start. just orderd, again thankyou.

emulsion tube AKA 'Needle Jet' Richard

Yup. Just wanted to make sure he was talking about the same part instead of spending money on the wrong thing.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online