yamaha rxs 100 fuel/oil leak left hand side crank case

azzybigc
This post is 4425 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all i need your kind help again

ive got a looks like a fuel mixed with oil leak on the left hand side of my crank case look like its coming from under my bike driping at a rate of knots down my side stand have you guys got any ideas what it could be?? my haynes manual been no help !!

thanks for you time :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Does it stop if you turn the fuel tap off.

Ok, aircooled bike driping liquid gives us 4 options.

Fuel

Oil engine

Oil gearbox

and water from washing rain etc.

Take it we can rule out number 4

You have removed fuel from the easy fixes so oil it must be.

You say fuel/oil mix. Any concrete reasons for this or just guessing. What colour is the offending mix as gearbox oil is normally oil? coloured and the 2 stroke stuff is invariably a bright colour, normally red although blue and green are out there.

You should really have a root around to find the point of the drip, where its coming from may well help. I have a feeling you may say front left but i'm not going further with that yet.

hi mate

it looks like its coming for the fuel tap side near the side stand because it was runing down the side stand its not leaking now drained the fuel tank took the side cover off and not leaking from the oil tank,

Coming from one of the overflow pipes?, i'm assuming the bike runs ok?

Have you taken it off for a lookie see?

There is nothing behind there that CAN leak fuel and oil in any quantity without affecting the way the bike runs.

Are you sure its not just the carb leaking a little and when yo have put it on the stand its run off to the left of the bike picking up some shit as it goes?

Or is the bike not running well either?

Not wanting to be unkind but your replies are way too vague your not telling me anything worthwhile.

You need to answer the questions with at least some clarity and as much depth as you can, and in a dicernable pattern if not order.

Its doing my head in trying to match your answer to the nearest question you may be answering.

Your not even bothering with any punctuation. Don't forget all i have to go on are your answers and working knowledge of a bike that i cannot see, hear, smell or otherwise.

I'm not psychic

Don't go for that one, my daughter is dyslexic, as is my sister.

Just clear answers to whats been asked, copy and paste is prob easiest then just add in your answer with a different text colour. We will get it sorted but i was getting more and more confused as we were so felt a fixit was needed.

Getting you back on the road asap is the aim after all.

hi ive had a look at my bike this morning

these are the things ive noticed

i started the bike 1st kick, it seems to run fine apart from

what it thought was a oil petrol leak i think its just fuel! it drips very fast from under the gear foot peddle behind the sliver plate

the carb seem fine no leaks around that area pipes are dry

when i switch the fuel tap off it stops say 30ish sec later the dripping

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online