Yamaha DT/RD 80 engine parts

dzish
This post is 4339 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I have a Yamaha dt 50R from 1993 (). I own this motorcycle for many years, and it is a quite fun for city ride. Fun ride turned to extra fun when original DT 50 R engine fail. So I decided to swap with RD 80, wich has 6 gears, and is a lot faster. But fun ride turned into bad ride when the kick start shaft break at 2 peaces, and engine could not be runned. Since then I my motorcycle is staying in garage and I`m looking for some solution.

Can I found somewhere complete kick shaft with sprocket and spring? DT80 and RD80 are two identical engines.

Or some suggestion about engine swap? It might be cheaper to change engine. I`m not quite shure will dt50 chassis hold dt125 engine. Also fuel tank is bigger than dt 125 and i dont think that will have enough space to mount 4 stroke engine (xt 125)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Call the local dealer the part you need is cheap the spring and sprocket are easy to change onto the new shaft.

No local dealer then search online lots of folks who will ship to you.

I called local dealer, but Macedonia is Macedonia.... As answer I got: We can find you shaft with sprocket and spring, but you need to pay in advance. Price was around 130 euros, and also they were not 100% shure if the part wich will arive, will fit to my engine. Will someone pay 130 euros for part wich might be correct one? I`d rather not. Also the price is very unreal, it is almost 1/4 of entire bike value.

If anyone has the part, please contact me.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I`ve finaly found the part on ebay.de ... there is a lot of DT/RD 80 engines and parts there, so if someone has similar issue as mine, I`d recommend to check Deutche ebay at least once per week. I was doing it for more than 3 months.

9JF5mZpftU2K134968882611P5319.jpg

here it is, an image from seller. It cost me 27 euros + 12 for shipping.

I odred it, so when it is delivered, I`ll let you updated with pictures.

Also I was wondering, did anyone try to change clutch plates?

I chged the clutch plates on my 1989 dt50mx, easy job but it's wise to have a new clutch plate gasket as they tear easily, and don't overtighten the clutch retaining bolts as they are made of cheese

I chged the clutch plates on my 1989 dt50mx, easy job but it's wise to have a new clutch plate gasket as they tear easily, and don't overtighten the clutch retaining bolts as they are made of cheese

Thanks for reply. Did you mean, I should get new bolts and springs with plates also?

new bolts are not needed, just do not make the bolts too tight when you put new plates on, new springs would be good but you can get away without new ones sometimes

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online