YZF-R125 insurance

chrisbob
This post is 4306 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just got a brand spanking new YZF-R125 and now trawling through the insurance ocean for a decent quote.

Anybody got any recommendations for a 20 year old with his first bike.

I've had some ridiculous quotes but figured I should get some sound feedback on this forum.

Thanks

Chrisbob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you tried a comparison site such as MCN Compare ?

And an introduction in the New Members area will probably yield more help.

Hi Chrisbob, Insurance is always a pain in the arse so just get the best quote you can, different folks get different quotes I'm afraid, don't seem no reason for some of them I think they just guess a lot of the time, try to use a motorcycle insurance company rather than the bog standard car lot as at least they will understand your needs a bit more, some offer free bits and bobs on their policys like cover for your clothes and helmet but if you can store your bike in a locked shed and it has an alarm plus disc lock then this can sometimes bring the quote down quite a bit, just keep plugging away and eventually you will find one you can live with. Plus will you PLEASE do an INTRO (NEW MEMBERS SECTION) so folks know who they are talking to, just polite really to say Hi BEFORE asking strangers for advice OH and one other thing USE A BIGGER FONT for you messages as you message is horrible to read, good luck with your hunt. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online