yet another plea of help from a xvs 650 please

spidersmcc
This post is 4425 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all and thanks for taking the time reading this plea of help, I have a 1997/8 xvs 650 dragstar, the ignition is sending me slowly crazy! turn the ignition on, engine management stays on for around 5 seconds? turn over the engine no spark! now if I turn over the engine with the engine management light on she will start? but for 5 seconds only, the light turns off and yep no spark turn off the ignition and turn it back on and same, have a good ohm reading from the pulsar coil,ht and LT side of coil ok, I have changed the CDi and still exactly the same! slowly cracking and have ordered up various relays to see if this is the problem.... has anyone had this problem or can someone please shed some light as would be eternally grateful.

\Cheers

spidersmcc

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Mate and Welcome,

Firstly the engine management light always comes on when you turn on the ignition so don't panic, i always wait till that light goes out before starting. What condition are your spark plugs? are they getting wet with fuel? if not then its a fuel blockage problem in the carbs or you have no fuel and need to fill up :biglaugha: next question, will they spark out side of the engine (i.e earthed out on engine casing) if no then try a new set of plugs, if still no then new coils, if still now then check the wires to and from the coils.

Its always the simple things that make life hard so always check the cheap things first, keep a clear head and think logically.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online