disconnecting oil pump lines

jbhome
This post is 4426 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well I guess I'm back again just chaulk full questions.

I'm replacing the clutch side crank seal and not sure how to disconnect the oil line from the clutch side cover to the oil tank.

any suggestions gratefully accepted.

I got the inner clutch basket retaining bolt off with my impact wrench but not sure how to torque it back on as I don't have the appropriate wrench.

on the same note what's the best way to bend the locking plate up to secure the nut?

let's hope it runs ok after this.

After sitting for a couple of days it starts right up with a fair amount of smoke??? As the pump is disconnected runs for a while and then dies.

have a great day/ride

Jim

92 FJ

79 DT175

73 CT90

2012 raspberrie pi

2012 Mendel prusa.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well I guess I'm back again just chaulk full questions.

I'm replacing the clutch side crank seal and not sure how to disconnect the oil line from the clutch side cover to the oil tank.

any suggestions gratefully accepted.

I got the inner clutch basket retaining bolt off with my impact wrench but not sure how to torque it back on as I don't have the appropriate wrench.

on the same note what's the best way to bend the locking plate up to secure the nut?

let's hope it runs ok after this.

After sitting for a couple of days it starts right up with a fair amount of smoke??? As the pump is disconnected runs for a while and then dies.

have a great day/ride

Jim

92 FJ

79 DT175

73 CT90

2012 raspberrie pi

2012 Mendel prusa.

Hi Jim

yeah removing the oil lines can be a bit of a pain theg grip the serrated spigots quite well, no amount of pulling then will do the job!

You will have to slide back any metal clips warm the end of the lines some to make the pipe more pliable, then push the lines off the spigots , dont forget if you have oil in your tank you will need to drain it either before of after the biggest pipe is removed

All a bit of a pain really, I wouldnt bother...just tie the blighter up out of the way and you can leave the feed pipe connected but you'll hace to disconnect the output pipe though, take care you dont lose the washer that goes onto the tacho drive gear shaft it always falls off and remember to re-fit it after youve done

see the bootlace around the exhaust bracket

102_2568.jpg

you'll need a torque wrench to torque up the basket nut and you should fit a new tab washer, they come partly re-bent so are easy to get hold of with some sliding jaw gland type pliers...easy

102_2567.jpg

you will need to slacken both crank nut and basket nut together if you haven got a basket holding tool, I understand that the usual way is to stuff a bunch of rags between the pinions to lock them, although I have always used a tool myself, dont forget to replace the little 'o' ring on the crankshaft...under the collar

If you have a welder or access to one, buy a extra steel clutch plate and weld a arm on it that always works for me for the center basket.

For the crank I use a piece of nylon block and jam up the basket and crank gears.

thanks for the quick reply everyone.

I did the cloth thing with the crank bolt but I'm still unclear about the clutch nut as the basket is now free.

I would like nut torque specs if possible as well

on another note, I'm broken hearted. The last bit from my impact tool bought when I had 71 ct175 broke. The tip just gave op.

sniff. Small tear down cheek.

so good at undoing those challenging map Phillips screws.

now to find new bits in I can order that. For you land.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online