Just joined jim!

This post is 4431 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys, just joined yesterday and wanted to intro myself.

Live in 'sunny' South Devon - married with 4 (yes 4) teenage kids - nightmare!

First road bike - new FS1e (purple the best!) that dates me sufficiently haha. Had loads of different bikes since then and a few spills but been lucky enough to get away with them - just. Closest scrape - 2004 - woman pulled out in front of me and my Aprilia Mille - wrote the bike off and had a good go at me at the same time. She was prosecuted and got away with a driver improvement course - she should have been banned for life.

Used to ride trials and motorcross - ty250's and Maico's but too long in the tooth now.

Current bikes - Aprilia RSV4 Tuono 1000, just run in - wickedly fast and full of tricks - favorites are the quickshift gearbox and traction control. Haven't had the courage to use the lauch control yet - anti wheely in constant use.

Got a new baby on Sunday - a 31 year old TY175 which is getting more attention than the Aprilia - nostalgia rules. It needs a lot of TLC which it will get.

I've got a bit of a problem with the insurance as its got a daylight MOT and no lights - most insurance companies don't want to know or they want silly money - i.e. more than a Kawasaki Z750 I've just sold - how does that work???????

I'll post a Q on the general forum.

That's it for now

Jim.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:welcome: You'll find lots of helpful people on this site. Would love to have one of those FS1Es. :)

Mornin Sacha, Airhead - thanks for the welcome.

Just getting to know my way around the site now. I'm a bit of a technophobe - it took me 6 tries to get the security code right to join the club - the box with the wierd letters and numbers threw me - my wife had to figure them out in the end!

Going to start work on the ty this weekend. And Sacha - you seen how much those FS1E's go for? I think mine was around £400 new - you can x10 £ for a good one now!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online