you decide , which build to do

newkbusa
This post is 4294 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

iv just picked up complete and running 1977 honda cb 550 , been stood over 20 years and is in not the best of states , now then you decide do i

1 restore to standard

2 build a cafe racer

3 other options ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hate to do yer thinkin' for ya, but... Look at this page, be inspired and go make stuff happen:

http://www.lossaengineering.com/2011/09/07/1977-honda-cb550/

Hate to do yer thinkin' for ya, but... Look at this page, be inspired and go make stuff happen:

http://www.lossaengineering.com/2011/09/07/1977-honda-cb550/

ooh +1 that's a nice looking bike. :) it's ultimately up to you, but my vote is for the cafe racer.

Hmm, i'm OK with the idea but i don't like that.

Its supposed to be minimal but the headlight and bars are to messy, no muddy but mirrors? The engine is too big and too small at the same time. The forks are lost somewhere at the front.

Sorry it just don't work, appreciate the effort but......

On a Ton-Up bike like that, you need mirrors so you can see the Hayabusa that's about to pass you at 215mph! :D

My 2 penneth, seeing as i poo pooed taskys option.

chop the frame for the cafe thing but update it a knats. RGV or ZXR 400 (kwak is prob better) front end, maybe pinch the rear wheel swinger and maybe sus too or graft the lugs on for the pogo sticks. Keep the ally's any modern cafe racer would swap out the spoked wheels in a heartbeat if they had the chance but don't polish them.

Then mod the frame to fit it and par the fucker down like Andy has with his tracker. Throttle with internal cables, switches on the headlight cowl as little crap as possible that is where i'd really spend the time.

Finish it with a nice deep rich blue or burgandy, and by deep i mean really dark. With some billet highlights.

all well and good cynic but i got a budget of £300 lol

Then why ask ffs

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online