My SR125 cuts out when idling after a long journeys.

m3stone88
This post is 4437 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I hope you can help, i've had my SR125 since last October and i've had no trouble at all with as i've only been riding in town. I've recently moved house and now do a 15 mile commute on national speed limit roads.

When I start up the bike I have had no problems at all and when i'm on the country roads at top speeds it's all fine too. The problem i'm having is that when I get into the town on the other end of my commute, if I have to stop completely or hold my clutch in for too long the engine cuts out completely (Sometimes whilst i'm still rolling along!) When I hit the electric start it wont start unless I give a little throttle, although I do have my lights on as i'm mid journey.

This only happens after the commute and goes back to normal later that day / the next morning.

If anyone had any ideas that would be brilliant. If possible I would like to do any work myself; I have a learned mentor to assist me if it's anything complicated.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there. As quite a newbie myself, I can't be certain, but what is the top speed you can comfortably hit? It just seems maybe if youre reaching 70 and staying there for some time each morning/evening, your engine probably wont love you for it.

I've just picked up an SR125, and after discovering a couple of minor flaws, am now in the middle of a complete engine overhaul - if you have a manual I would at least go through the inspections and adjustments in there. Most of them should be done regularly anyway.

Good luck!

Hi Matt,

I can top it off at 60-64ish and I would be sitting at that speed for the majority of a 30 minute journey so your probably right. I have an XS/SR 125 manual so I will get reading as I haven't touched the engine, apart from an oil change, since I bought it.

Thanks!

Michael

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online