poor gas milage on yamaha rxs 100

azzybigc
This post is 4432 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ive had my rxs 100 for a month now after a few teething problem its a great little bike the only thing is im getting poor gas milage!

it says that the tank hold 9 ltrs but at the pumps i brim it and i can only fit 6.5 ltrs in and on that 6.5 ish litres im getting 80 before hitting the reserve tap

im not the lightest bloke in the world but still ive heard people saving they get 100 mpg!!

to cut a long story short is there anything i can do apart from loose weight i check the tyre tp and oil and thats about it as im not very mechanically minded

please any advice would be greatly appreciated

thank

azz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds about right as far as i can recall.

I think 100mpg is the reserve of 50cc scoots and 4 strokes unless you weigh less than Kate Moss and ride like mother superior.

You don't mention your riding style either. I have had everything from sub 30mpg to 50+ from my TDR. Hell when i was younger i got the DT down in the 30's. Happy days.......

hi mate

i try not to go to fast really just go with the follow of traffic on 60 roads i go the speed limt but thats it! i might look like a fat bloke sitting on a roller skate at 15 stone but ive not done alot with it i had some battery problems so changed that should i start looking at the air filler of the bathels ??

Thats where your fuel is going. No dissrespect but 15stone IS going to hurt the performance of a 10hp bike.

Any performance figures from the japaneese work on a 75kilo rider, or 10 stone(ish) in old money.

Anothe example, i used to have a 600suzuki, a very good and substantial friend of mine (22 stone i believe) had the 1200. Our bikes had the same performance (i'm around 13 st). The differece if we swapped bikes was shocking. But then he's a rugby prop so you dont say too much. :-)

A decoke and service should get a bit but don't expect 100mpg.

I have run an RXS 100 for 30 000 + miles and fuel consumption is around 40 mpg for me , if you ride it like a girl you should get more than this , maybe 55 mpg ? . lovely little bike , super reliable , the only problem i had was riding in winter (snow / ice) the carb would stick fully open after around 15 miles lol , if you pull over for 10 minutes she will go again when the carb had warmed up . lighting is not so good so i fitted a cheap pushbike rear lamp to the grab rail as an additional safety feature ...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online