Gas Sensor wiring

jjprit
This post is 4440 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok. So i have a 1987 yamaha virago xv1100. I bought it from a friend. It does not have a instrument panel becuase his ex wife put a hammer to it. All the wiring is fine i just dont have a Nuetral light, a oil light and a gas light. So here we go.

I want to give myself a Gas light so i know when im low on gas instead of waiting for it to choke then switching it to researve. So i bought those Lights people use in sports cars as Clutch lights ect.

There is a green wire and a black wire coming from my gas sensor under my gas tank.

I took the green wire from the gas sensor and put it to the NEGITIVE to the light i installed

I took the black wire from the gas sensor and grounded it to a common ground.

I took the positive from the Light i installed and hooked it to a common positive of my lights. This way when i turn the bike on it gets power.

The light wont turn off.

Here is my wireing schimatics. Am i reading it Wrong? Did i do it right? anyone have any ideas

According to the wiring it says.

-Green to fuel warning light

-Black to the common ground rear left turn signal

-Positive from fuel warning light shared the positive to the oil warning light

86_96_us_XV1100.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok so i did some thinkg. I figured The light wont go off maybe becuase i have a BAD fuel sensor. Then said wait. Let me check something. I hooked my Electrical tester to the pisive side of the batter and negitive on the frame. Bam 12 volts so frame is ground. Put it on the gank. Nothing. Then i thought, Wait tank has paint so it wount work. So i put the negitive on my Gas tank CAP and BAM. volts..

That means my gank tank some how is grounded.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online