Wiring issue after alarm removal

garside
This post is 4432 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone,

a friend recomended this site he said you helped him out of a hole last year....

anyway i have a yzf thundercat, just removing alarm as playing up big time, problem is i am left with 4 wires white squareall black with intermittent white squares. one comes out of cdi unit (presumed to be plastic box fixed in front of battery with three plugs in unit) with 12.5 supply (ignition switchable), another has battery voltage slightly higher at 13.8 (ignition switchable)located at one of the gang plugs at the back of the battery, the third seems to be starter command wire as when you put battery live through it starter turns on thumb switch, the fourth seems to be connected to the stand switch as when you check resistance level it changes according to side stand switch position.traced the fourth wire through the loom and it goes to a connector and turns into a blue with black strip heading towards the ignition.

i can't seem to find to correct combination and it driving me crazy.

only took it for mot yesterday passed but now in pieces............

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Garside. I am nowhere near a "sparky" and am definitely not familiar with your bike, but your first step here should be to introduce yourself in the new member section. Your next step should probably be to get your hands on a manual with a wiring schematic. ?? Welcome aboard. :)

hi, tried looking for wiring diagrams but none of them show black wires with white squares. all i can find is the a diagram showing similiar routed wires going into alarm connector, but the alarm is an aftermarket datatool therefore i must be missing something.

thanks all the same

I would think the wiring with the black & white squares is the datatool wiring, and the idea is that someone can't easily remove the alarm, I think you may need to get a official datatool dealer to sort it, unless someone can help her via PM as it wouldn't be a great idea to put up on a public forum how to disable and remover an alarm.

Thanks for your reply but the wiring in question is part of the original wiring, the alarm is aftermarket and the solder joint have been removed. Aftermarket alarms are usually easy to remove as they are spliced in it the original wiring I have removed countless alarms from cars no problem, not up on bike wiring just need a hand with the wiring routing then can get her going again. Thanks anyway

As I said above giving out any information regarding removing an alarm on a public forum is not the done thing, even if you have removed the actual alarm the fact that you can not easily re-connect the existing wiring is also the point of a security system.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online