quick question !!!

kearnsy123
This post is 4437 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

redex has anyone ever used it ??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its a con.

It is just some deturgents with a bit of alcohol for an octane boost to make the bike feel just a little bit better.

If it makes any difference to your bike you have left it too long between sevices.

i just serviced the bike and it runs good . was told to use it to try free up wat ever is making the float stick . to stop petrol leak

I just dismantled my carb because of a similar problem - have a good check of the pin and where it sits - mine was dry as a bone for one, but also ever so slightly worn. It is also missing the screw on the end of the main jet (grr) so Im sure that was contributing to my problem as well. So my advice - strip the carb down and cross check all parts and calibrations with the manual.

i used redex in my old cortina, because my dad used it all the time.

personaly i think it's a load of bollox and does nothing.

Loada bollox, but it's great for making shitloads of white smoke and pi$$ing off the neighbours .... so I'm told .....

I' ve used it, don't know if it really did anything, but got piece of mind thinking it would clean injectors ( no carb on my YBR).

If you do use it, be careful with the amount you use, apparently it can cause damage.

I think something like this stuff is added to fuel anyways.

i only used a small shot bottle to a full tank 2.99 in halfords

Ehhh the stuff is corrosive.. try and pour some on paint and leave it to dry ..Bet it peels the paint right off... as far as I know has no lasting lubercating property

ok i just used a small bit and am just back from a long spin wich used a full tank . wont b uesing it again if its corrosive !!

squirt some down your plug hole and take it for a spin , it won't do any harm and it looks brill.

p.s i don't meen your lug hole ,i meen spark plug, just so theirs no missunderstanding. :shakeno:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online