home made carb syncrhonizer for under $15 with photos and how to

steptoe1111
This post is 4441 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys how is everyone, how are you airhead been meaning to let you know how the dt175e went up against the yzf 250 well basicly i had him in the botom end but as soon as his bike started to advance and pull like a train he was a spec in the distance and i just endid up getting sprayed with dirt ha ha, but id rather be on the dt any day it gets a few more thumbs up from the oldies when you hammer it on a pass.. :) but just an off topic just made a home made manometer to balance the carbs on my kwaka dere i say it here on the yam forum but just thought i would post some pics and what i used i endid useing 10m of 5mm id clear hose cut into four sections(four carbs just block of two if only syncin twin carbs) all exactly the same length with elbows and t pieces at the base the theory behind it is it is filled with an oil generaly two stroke because it is easy to see in the tubes and you hook each tube up to the vecume manifold and from the readings of the hieght of the oil in each tube you can clearly work out if on cyl is pulling more air that the other there a many you tube vids of this design even of some in action i have not used mine yet but will soon i just need to install some mig welding tips into each airline to restrict the flow a touch otherwise it may suck up all the oil on that initial fire up but ill post the results from what i have read these are ment to be way more acurate than the vac dial gauges wich would set you back atleast a $100 and they would be the cheap ones too "acuracy and cheep dont often go together" here are my pics any way ... there are alot of people out there that have made these already and thats where i got my plans from but i just thought it was such a cheap and reliable tool to make that i went ahead with it and if someone comes scross my post and learns what i did from my imformation id be thrilled ... but is a must have tool for any d.i.y,er out there with more than one carburetta

PICT0111.jpg

PICT0114.jpg

PICT0113.jpg

PICT0112.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just use me vacuum gauges I got off a carboot sale, and they are a lot smaller than that arcade machine :D

props to you but there are more elegant solutions out there too,

I also made my own but a much smaller version and works a treat. I will say that you do need to restrict the flow as i never at first and it sucked near all the oil out the tubes once i fitted the restictors though was fixed and working proper mint.

I've been using my 2 pot differential manometer for a while now and it's proved way more accurate than any other setup. Whereas yours works by each pot sucking against air pressure or a closed pipe, the differential setup has the carbs sucking against each other so no danger of the fluid being sucked out, plus there's an element of self-damping built in.

Here, have a video:

For a 4-pot system (eg the lad's Bandit 600) I balance 1&2 then 3&4 then 2&3, you generally find they're linked in pairs like that anyway, so no great problems.

I'd be interested to see your setup in action, gonna do a vid for us?

I just use me vacuum gauges I got off a carboot sale, and they are a lot smaller than that arcade machine :D

props to you but there are more elegant solutions out there too,

it might be an arcade machine but its my first crack at a manometer and balanceing carbs to, and its the the theory and cheepness of thing that i found nice and i think counts, cause i was gunna waste a $100 on a proper set but then i found these home made diy jobs, now seeing as these damm bikes are so bloody expencive and can be money pits sometimes (speacialy when you own one with with over 115.000kmh on the clock) "its gunna need some big cash dump't on it if you want it micky mouse so you can ring every horse avail" (apart from from 29 thousand dollar 25 pound boost mr.turbo kits and a full engine rebuild with hardend,lightwight,reground all the sht you wish you had but probably never will wich i dout id even get the chance to sit on one let alone own it....im saveing every PENNY i can "at least his machine dosent need emm.......... but anyway i was quite inspired and just thought maybe someone might see this post and it might help them also i mean what good is knowledge if you keep it to yourself.....got any better plans for a home made hand held without haveing to lern how to blow glass "wich is on the list of things to do but maybe when ive retired and got nothing better to do

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online