rear indicator and horn not working on YB100

yb_newbie
This post is 4438 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I'm sorry if this seems like an obvious post but this is my first ever bike. I own a beautiful 1978 YB100, which I picked up a few months back. It passed it's MOT about 5 weeks ago and all was going smoothly until I noticed that the front r/h indicator was staying on rather than flashing, instinct told me to check the back one as soon as i stopped and I wasn't surprised to find it wasn't working. The bulb is fine so I'm thinking it could be a bad earth? I've checked the main earth on the battery and cleaned all of the connections inside the side compartment but still no joy - am I missing something obvious?

as for the horn, it was brand new for the MOT and was working fine but now is just a very faint blip - I've had the multimeter on it and it's only reading 3v reaching it, is this normal?

The battery was also brand new at MOT and seems to be reading 6V fine too

Being a girl i'm too proud to run straight to the mechanics and would love to fix it all up by myself to prove a point! haha

any help would be muchly appreciated!!!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, I'm sorry if this seems like an obvious post but this is my first ever bike. I own a beautiful 1978 YB100, which I picked up a few months back. It passed it's MOT about 5 weeks ago and all was going smoothly until I noticed that the front r/h indicator was staying on rather than flashing, instinct told me to check the back one as soon as i stopped and I wasn't surprised to find it wasn't working. The bulb is fine so I'm thinking it could be a bad earth? I've checked the main earth on the battery and cleaned all of the connections inside the side compartment but still no joy - am I missing something obvious?

as for the horn, it was brand new for the MOT and was working fine but now is just a very faint blip - I've had the multimeter on it and it's only reading 3v reaching it, is this normal?

The battery was also brand new at MOT and seems to be reading 6V fine too

Being a girl i'm too proud to run straight to the mechanics and would love to fix it all up by myself to prove a point! haha

any help would be muchly appreciated!!!!!!

I take it you disconnected it from the horn before measuring this ? yb_newbie mmm

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online