Fazer clutch drag problem

This post is 4307 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Please can anyone help tell me where i am going wrong ,after installing a new EBC clutch ,springs ,cable and release bearing to my fazer the clutch is still dragging when the lever is pulled in towards the bars.I have followed the haynes manual to the letter and no matter how tight i set the release mechanism at the crankcase end the problem still persists.I drained the oil and removed the clutch cover and have watched the pressure plate move in and out when the lever is pulled in but it seems to have more travel at the bottom of the plate than the top.The the the rod that travels from the release end through to clutch has been checked and is perfectlly straight the plates were soaked in oil prior to installation there is no damage to the fingers on the clutch basket ,everything done by the book .I would be very grateful to anyone out there with any possible solutions before i resign myself to take it the dealers.Forgot to say its the last of the thundercat engined models 2003. Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.