Tax Avoidance and Olympic Games

Noise
This post is 4295 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is all about companies such as Visa "giving" financial support 'sponsoring' the Olympic games, sounds great as it sounds as if they are philanthropic: (but actually want they get is loads of advertising, well, we all know that).

But no. What they get is a cartel. No you can't use a MasterCard at the Olympic venues - Visa only, and no you can't get just a bag of chips from anyone but McDonalds, AND they also get tax refunds on all the extra cash they get! So we tax payers pay for the games in the first place, we are compelled to use the sponsoring companies, forced to see their advertising banners and logos, and then we tax payers don't get a pay back - the companies don't pay tax on the extra profits they make.

So how do you fancy signing the petition on this one? - and please pass it on.

So far 5 companies have buckled under the pressure of published embarrassment to not make tax rebate claims, but there are more to go.

38 degrees are involved with loads of other moral issues too, so you may like to see what else they are up to - sounds like a great organisation worth supporting.

https://secure.38deg...tition#petition

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks Noise, Just added 38Deg to my favourites list, it's time to take our country back.

Its sickening, Coca Cola provides all drinks aswell, even the bottled water we drink on the lanes is made under license by Coca Cola... i brought in a bottle of Pepsi yesterday just to show a bit of protest, dont even like Pepsi...

they have managed to get every sponsor to forgo the tax avoidance :)

Done!!!

I've also cheated on "British Rail"

I bought a return ticket to London, but,

ONLY WENT ONE WAY :icon_razz:

Talking of the Olympics i heard .The head of the Somali Olympic squad has apologised to officials on behalf of their team after realising that shooting and sailing were two separate events.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online