Other motorists

Grouch
This post is 4441 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

While I was out yesterday I saw a young lad come off his scooter. Somehow some gravel had got on the road and he slipped on it. It was a busy main road and I was the only one to stop and help him. The lad was fine he just scratched and scuffed his scooter, I can't believe loads of people just drove past and left him.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A lot of people these days dont give a toss or are just too afraid to help just in case they get sewed! its a piss poor excuse in my opinion if some one is in need of help then who are we to refuse them of that help!

Although it sounds cliche... I try to treat others as I would like to be treated. If I were in need I hope someone would stop for me, so if I see someone in need I will try to help..

I stop for other bikers. Cagers and the like can usually get stuffed, but they at least have a sheltered place to wait for the breakdown recovery that they should all have purchased...

Yep dosen't make any sence to me why people won't stop I always stop and help always ,my friend died 18 yrs ago from internal bleeding cause no one would stop and help him.

Boat laws here are inforceable that if you don't stop for someone in distress your going to jail,shold be the same for all forms of motoring

Hang on. I offered help to a woman with a puncture. She pulled in while i was having my break. She threatend me with a mace spray ffs.

We were hardly in the middle of nowhere in the winter. On the edge of hemel hempstead. busy road. I thought i was helping. She was the one sat there stuck. I went back to the paper in my nice warm truck. I have never offered help since.

What if she went really nuts and accuced me of god alone knows what. Unless they ste on a motorcycle they can spin for all i care.

Hang on. I offered help to a woman with a puncture. She pulled in while i was having my break. She threatend me with a mace spray ffs.

We were hardly in the middle of nowhere in the winter. On the edge of hemel hempstead. busy road. I thought i was helping. She was the one sat there stuck. I went back to the paper in my nice warm truck. I have never offered help since.

What if she went really nuts and accuced me of god alone knows what. Unless they ste on a motorcycle they can spin for all i care.

I can totally empathise with you on this one, contemporary society is full of suspicion and paranoia. I would say there is a good cause too. I can imagine someone suing another person after they were helped by them.

no wonder, have you looked in the mirror. :hah:

That's why Bikers Only is the stopping order of the day for me. They seem to have at least some sense still!

"You're stuck, broke down on a road where I'm the only traffic you've seen for at least 2 hours. I have food, drink, tools, cigarettes, extra clothing, a mobile phone (usually with decent signal), money and a strong desire to assist you without forcing you to suck my cock in payment or anything nasty like that.... but, what? 'Fuck off biker knobber, you don't need no help'?? Oh...Okey dokey, never mind then. If you're still here when I pass back in a couple days, I'll wave. Bye..... miserable prick".

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online