Bike Clothing

TheBoltons
This post is 4439 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wondered, does anyone know anywhere that does decent, but cheap custom leathers?

like the idea of having fully customised leathers, but only found one or two sites that do that and one of them is UBER expensive.

I know you pay for quality etc, but this was slightly over that.

Cheers guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

kev swears by race leathers.co.uk

even though he don't wear any

decent, cheap custom leathers

You either have decent custom leathers, or cheap custom leathers... but never decent *and* cheap.

Anyway, please explain how you define 'custom'.

Do you mean a set for a Custom type of bike, do you mean with a picture painted on, do you mean tailor-altered to fit you with a better cut... or do you mean a completely unique, custom, bespoke, 100% original design from a completely unique, custom, bespoke, 100% original pattern made to your own concept?

If you mean the very long last one, I know a woman who can do this, as she makes things for me.

Her prices are VERY reasonable... but you still have to pay someone to sit and conceive the pattern, calculate and draw it out so it fits you, cut the leather, stitch it all up (bike leather should be at least double, if not triple-stitched) and finally pay for the leather and any other bits you want, like armour.

Bear in mind, you'll likely want it lined and possibly insulated too, which is even more complex.

I do mean the very long last one, but I am able to provide templates for each part of the leathers, and a full design with all relevant measurements.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online