xmax 125 advice / help

luckyman
This post is 4288 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello new here and if possible I would like your thoughts on the xmax 125 scooter, as I may be getting one of these next week if my girlfriend has anything to do with it. Since last thursday (19th) the funds have been available for a new/secondhand 125 scooter, and my girlfriend is taken with the xmax/xmax sport.

My questions are this, there is not much difference that I can see between them bar for a back rest and smaller screen, plus the fact that the sport is a couple of hundred pound dearer. Am I correct or just looking for reasons to pick? Secondly and more important is reliability I really want to know that if I get one that it will last, as I need it for the commute to work & need to know that it will last for years & not become a thing that needs money throwing at it it keep it on the road.

It may sound as though I'm picky but I bought a brand new scooter in 2010 & it lasted less than 2 years, this is going to be a big investment for me, either new or secondhand and I just want to get it right thank you.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Post an intro in the New Member section to let everyone know a little about you. Some folks don't respond if you haven't posted an intro. (no intro, no info) :)

No opinion on the scooter though.

As Sacha says PLEASE do an intro, but this little bike seems sound no major problems with it that jump out at you, as long as you service it and take the usual care of it it should last you at least 3 or 4 years with no major bills. It is quite a smart little bike to with lots of storage and plenty of gismos attached fuel guage/dash display & several other bits and bobs that will keep you happy for quite a while, 2 or 3 grand seems about the right money for it. Hope that helps? P.S. if you stick around on this forum over the years you can pick up lots of info on your bike and that can save you pounds on servicing and repairs, what I'm saying is don't be a ONE HIT WONDER. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online