WR 400 won't go

Joeag1
This post is 4445 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It would be polite to introduce yourself in the new members section.

Just sayin my bike won't run is of no use

Some more details like spark or not,, compression or not ,,fuel, then we might be able to help.

Laughing my ass off Dave nice to meet you but how about the spark issue? Phil is the name and I have a 01 wr250f which is basicaly the same bike. Give up some details. I have a manual wink wink might be able to help

Try and search around the rest of the site to get familar with it

Well that is to good Any chance you have a actual spark tester? The kind with a resistor built in.

Im thinking the coil is colasping on it's self to early. Getting a kick back when try to start? or a back fire?

Had a real problem with mine when the stator/magnito when out and droped the charge early it would run eventualy.It didn't back fire but I had to kick the hell out of it to the point I'd be to tired to ride it. Might want to check the resitance of the charging coil I will look it up tommorow and get back to you Night time here eh.

Not sure why but it went out just after a re build OK couldn't leave you hanging

Charging coil #1 brown +

charging coil # 1 green -

100 ohm scale 640 to 960 ohms at 20 degres C temp

Coil # 2 pink +

coil #2 green - again 20c 100 ohms 464-696

Tested at the plug comming out of the mag

Pick up coil

red +

White -

100 ohms 248-372 ohms at 20 c

Hope this help check in tmorrow Ops try heating it up mine tested ok untill it got just over 20 c so I don't realy trust the book

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online