Yamaha 200 problem

Canny lad
This post is 4440 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Lads i dunno if any of you can shed some light on a problem i have with my 200 twin 2 stroke.. the bike basically the bike bogs down really badly when trying to pull away but once on the move pulls very well and cleanly through the gears..

I have checked the plugs, compression, carb has been cleaned, checked for air leaks at inlet rubber... it also wont idle and although i cant swear to it sounds like its dropping to one cylinder as the revs get close to what should be adle speak..

I have no idea if its a mechanical fault, fuel/air fault or electrical...

oh its an RS200 which i believe is the same engine as the RD200 just with a single carb instead twin carbs

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Idle jet blocked.

its not the idle jet as the jet itself is new and the passageway it screws into you can see all the way through it when held up t the light..

Hmm, the thing with the rs is its basically a single with an extra cylinder. One carb, one coil.

The downside here is if you have done all you have then its a mechanical issue.

Can i just check?

Plugs REPLACED

Caps also

Coil checked (nothing loose cracked)

Do you have any idea on the last decoke. Engine and exhaust.

No funny rattles taps etc.

Does the bike smoke excessively.

Can you smell fuel in the gearbox.

Can you see smell fuel behind the flywheel.

Finally change the plugs again.

HTH

Hmm, the thing with the rs is its basically a single with an extra cylinder. One carb, one coil.

The downside here is if you have done all you have then its a mechanical issue.

Can i just check?

Plugs REPLACED

Caps also

Coil checked (nothing loose cracked)

Do you have any idea on the last decoke. Engine and exhaust.

No funny rattles taps etc.

Does the bike smoke excessively.

Can you smell fuel in the gearbox.

Can you see smell fuel behind the flywheel.

Finally change the plugs again.

HTH

The RS is a single carb version of the RD200 engine... twin coils rather than single coil.... the plugs are new.. i had one of the heads off to check the state of the piston crown for carbon etc and although it had some it was nothing excessive... I havent changed the caps yet to be honest... no smell of fuel in gearbox and no sign of oil or fuel behind the left side casing... the plugs are both the same colour ( dark toffee colour)

the coils both seem ok as they spark is nice and blue, no rattles from the engine ( only done 2700 genuine miles)... doesnt smoke anymore than it should to be honest although it does do it more on left hand side compared to right.... with the silencers well in truth i dont think they have ever been cleaned out and i have just replaced the standard ones for a pair of Microns... i havent had a chance to road test it yet though so will see if its any better when i get out on it...

Hang on, just replaced the pipes for microns......

You changed the jetting to suit?

More importantly you want to fix it before changing stuff.

I know i need to upjet for running spannies and didnt intend leaving it as it is indefinately... I remember when i was a youngun my RS100 ran like crap with standard exhaust on but lovely with a spanny on it... when i said i was gonna roadtest it basically just around the block as it doesnt need to go any furhter than that to see if its running any better...

I would up the pilot jet, give it more fuel on the first 1/8 of throttle, = no more bogging,,, :icon_idea:

I would up the pilot jet, give it more fuel on the first 1/8 of throttle, = no more bogging,,, :icon_idea:

i will give that a go thanks :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online