1972 CT2 red paint code

Adil
This post is 4441 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All , I will have to paint my 1972 CT2 175. Preferably the original red. Does anyone have recommendation for the paint code?

On a related not, does anyone have experience restoring the fuel cap? Paint that resist fuel?

Thanks,

Adil

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No idea about the paint code and short of immeron paint or powder coating I know of no paint that is gas prof.,, When you paint the tank make sure you tape off the top so the cap seals in the gas against metal not paint and then the gas can't get under the paint and start lifting it. Guess thats why you need a gas cap fix

The gas cap thats 1 I have done(couldn't buy just the seal and the dealer wanted $125.00 for a new one) go to the wreckers and start pulling off gas caps untill you find 1 with the right seal if good Great if not then go get a new one from your local parts store 10-15 bucks. I tryed all kind of different rubber to make 1 and all got eaten up buy the gas. I belive the rubber is viton ,if you ever burn one don't touch it the chemicals will eat your skin Ive been told and they have to cut that part of skin off to stop it.

Ps you should post this in workshop or projects might get more responce cheers out Phil K

Thanks Phil. I will look into Imron paint. The fuel cap is still tight but a littel oxidated on top. Not sure how to restore. I will post in 'workshop'.

Cheers,

Adil

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online