Scam call

clarke
This post is 4298 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had a lovely Indian lady call me today from Microsoft Explorer technical department about my computer problem. I politely explained I didn't have a problem but she insisted I did and told me she'd put me on hold so I could get in front of my computer at which point she'd continue the conversation. I told her goodbye and hung up.

Thought I'd post this just in case any of you get a friendly call from Microsoft. I'd heard of this scam before, but if you haven't it's worth remembering Microsoft won't call you out of the blue...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i always put them on hold ,just tell them to hang on why you get your mum then leave the phone on the side for ten minutes.

Nah, where's the fun in that? lead the feckers a merry song and dance, example, "ah right, now that you mention it i do have a problem with microsoft explorer freezing a lot" to which they respond something along the lines of"what version are you using? would you like to upgrade to our premium addition?" to which the correct response is "oh, well there's no version as such, i can surf the internet using my microwave"...

if somebody tries to waste my time, i make it a challenge to waste theirs too

Oh I forgot to mention. I got a call like that before, too. It came from 206-456-0661 and this guy did read to me the same scam script about problem in my computer. Well, he insisted Microsoft detected the issue and he called to help me troubleshoot. And I was like, how come? And he said, "It's a technical thing, Sir. So if you please turn on your computer so we could fix it before it crashes your system down. If that happens, you can't hold Microsoft responsible 'cause I already warned you and you didn't listen." I could barely hold my laughter so I called the bluff and told him the truth, "Man, I got a mac."

The caller hung up! :hah:

When I looked up the phone number online, I found it reported at http://www.callercen...6-456-0661.html. See what more than 20 people have to say about the scammer.

Wow! How did he get that many complaints and never arrested?