YBR 125 New Engine Run In Help!

Evans2711
This post is 4331 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there I brought a Yamaha YBR 125 new on friday.

I was wondering about the running in of it as was told to stick at 5,000 revs and is harder than it seems! I did about 60 miles on it then started going up 7,000 revs and bike felt fine even at its top speed its seems fine!!! even managed to keep up with a pack up superbikes for a journey back to my home town...

I have 170 miles on the clock at the moment I know they say keep at 5000 for 100 miles then rev to 6000 to clean the injects but they say to stick to 5000 as temperature treatment with the engine where it needs to get used to being started up regularly otherwise the metal can get defects or the pumps need running and mainly it is to solve problems that go wrong early and get them fixed... But as I race superbikes is hard for me to stick at a slow speed! but when we run in a race engine do about 19 laps of a track then its run in so abit confused on why they say stick to 5k revs!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, I agree with you that running in is a bit confusing but I always look at it like this, if you have just rebuilt your motor or have the head or barrels skimed then it needs some gentle(?) running for the engine to settle in, but with some of the latest auto scooters for instance they don't move till you have at least 5K on the clock so how can you run it in at under 5K, so I always try to run the motor without overstressing it just common sense really don't rev it's head off and don't run it in to low a gear cos both of those will kill any engine, other than that keep an ear out for horrible noises and treat it carefully for a few hundred miles till it's well bedded down, change the oil and filter after that and it should be fine for the next few years. And DON'T forget to retorque the head bolts after the first few miles. :jossun:

i bought a brand new ybr 125 two months ago, rode it at 5,000 for about 100 miles, then i was sitting at 7-8000 on my commute to work due to high speed roads, bike now has 2,000 miles on it (i do a lot of commuting lol!) and its runnning sweet as a nut, have changed the oil two or three times though and run it on good castrol oil

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online