TRX850 tyres

glenview09
This post is 6607 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Any suggestions of good tyres for 1996 TRX?

Only just bought it with mich macadam 100x (F120/60zr17 R160/60zr17). I See on one web site that they are crap but they feel OK to me, even when squared.

Must be sticky, well able to lean / cheap, last millions of years. Always expect too much.

Current quote £150 pair.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i had macadams on my yzf back in '96 :blink: and tbh i could kill those babies through the corners, they would peel nicely and not once slid.

i have pirelli dragon evo's on my exup thou but i have only just put them on so cant give a good review of them, but my 020's were excellent at times, but i did get them to step out a couple of times :P

btw the evo's were £137 fitted from my local dealer in newcastle B)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Mich Macadam are NOT the best tyre for the TRX, mine had them when I first got it and they slide everywhere - scary stuff.

Try Avon Azaro's - excellent fun until it rains really had, or try Dunlop 207RR's which are same as Avons in dry but better in the wet.

Either way you should get at least 5,000 miles from a set (no trackdays).

Not tried them myself but Bridgestone BT020' are also rated by some as are Continental Road Attack (what a daft name for a tyre).

Anyway enjoy the TRX, it's a great bike.

cheers

Chris

• 1 year later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online