Yamaha RS100 - 1Y8 - 1978 (Belgium)

This post is 4449 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everybody,

Who am I?

I a 26 yo. From Belgium. New into the whole 'motorbikestory'.

Never was allowed to have a motorcycle, but convinced my dad that I can buy one. Since I'm not into new big bikes, and under 125cc I don't need a license...(but allready drove a 250cc dirtbike from a friend when I was 16 and rented a honda dax in france on vacation) -> good morning YAMAHA RS100 (1978).

My original idea was to turn the bike into a caferacer, but because the bike is completely original, I will not change a thing. It has it charmes, and is nice as it is.

I started with the basics; how does a 2-stroke work. How does a carb work.

Thanks to mr.youtube I'm now wiser on how those things work. Hayner workshop manual ordered.

Next thing up; get a kickstarter. Clean the bike (it has some oil on the block, so I suppose there is a leakage). Etc. ...

I'll keep you updated with news (and question:))...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey,

Ok, thanks for this info!

The downside is; it will cost me 100 euros to gave that piece, which is a littlebit to mutch.:)

Thanks to customs.

I will look further on the following 'searchwords' - YAMAHA BOSS KICK CRANK

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

From another new member,

Hi rik, nice intro, very interesting.

Good call on keeping the bike original, the way its meant to be :D (not that theres anything wrong with a custom paintjob/decals etc), just looks the part when you got a nice old bike in original condition,

All the best. Eddie

:welcome: to the YOC. Love the cafe racers myself, but can also appreciate keeping things original... especially if the original stuff is there and can be saved. :D

Thank you all. I will open a topic, with al the progress and things i do, so that others dont have to search on rs100's as i did/am going to do... Atm i'm on holiday, but when i get back, i will pos the thing i found untill now.

Cheerz, R

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online