HELLO

This post is 4449 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys! ive just started to get into fixing motorbikes! ive driven them since i was 7 but never really had and interest in fixing them. im only 15 and i know lots about cars and trucks, i have a 1979 f150 ford that ive fixed up with what money i have. i just try to make the most out of what i got! i recently bought a 1977 yamaha dt 175 for 200 bucks and its in good condition! i just had to set the points witch sucked, also had to do a carb cleaning. but check out my fourm marked "HELP" because i am having problems with the high speed. i also have a 1977 yamaha double over head cam 500 twin. its in great condition with only 5,000 miles. but the bad part is, its seized solid! ive tried diesel, brake fluid, sea foam, CLR and some crap this guy pawned off on me at napa. but any way hello haha im from canada also!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi streaker. :D:welcome: to the YOC. I'm sure you'll find you've come to the right place for help. Nayruf has been a great help with my DT (and my G7S for that matter)... hope he doesn't mind me calling him out. :) I think there are lots of DT owners here that can help too. Post up some pics of both bikes... I think the '77 500 sounds like one I've been eyeing down the street from me, but I'm not certain.

Hi SS

My Dt twin shock looks to be the same as yours, with standard gearing it will do just over 60 mph maybe a bit faster with the wind, I have put a sprocket which is 1 tooth larger than standard and it will just about do 70 mph, bearing in mind that the speedo is over 30 yrs old so is probably not true, but I can now keep pace with most of the traffic on a 70 mph dual carrage way, butt I tend to stick around 55 mph.

Why do people always ask how fast they go? :eusa_doh:

Hey Silverstreak :welcome: to the forum,

Sounds like you got a lot goin on for a young fella, as you already know your way round a car/truck you must already be pretty handy with a spanner, keep it up, youl be fixing bikes in no time.

All the best :thumb:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online