My dragstar xvs 125 nightmare

garshero
This post is 4372 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all i got a xvs 125 about 2 weeks ago, 2001 12 thousand mile on it in good nick. So im doin about 100-110 kph and it starts to drop power so i check on line and ask few bike owners they say carb or electrical so i get tank and all off carb and rubber y leg thingy ( which has few cracks ) then i decid il service it while im at it so drain oil pull out filter no bother like, then go to take out plugs (engines cold and iv gave a squirk of wd40) i get socket on it and f@#k its tight get about 2 full turns then pop plug snaps ( words were invented at this point ) so i start thinking wat am i goin do so off i take the head get a easy out into whats left of the plug and get it out of coarse threads are completely gone like. So only thing to do is use a helli coil which is in now.

My questions are shud i do other cylinder ? And how to i re-aline the cam chain? And what cause first problem?

O forgot to say the last person to have bike was a idiot he put a ngk/cr6hsa plug in her which is m10-1.25 not rthe standard plug which is ngk/ cr7hsa which is m10-1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

According to the NGK catalogue I have the CR6HSA and CR7HSA should both be 10mm thread diameter and 1.00mm pitch denoted by the "C" at the start of the code. The difference in the two plugs is the 6 and 7 which means the 6 is a softer type plug which will run hotter then the 7 type plug.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online