XVS 125 not starting

Thunderchild
This post is 4445 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Last night she started fine but was still bogging when I applied throttle in neutral. So since she is still bogging and having gone through various things, I decided to clean out the carb today.

I removed the seat and speedo, but when I came to remove the air filter, I noticed there was a lot of oil in it (she had previously had too much in it to start with). I recently changed the oil, plugs and oil filter but had forgotten to check the air filter.

So I've now clean out the excessive oil, cleaned the filter and put the unit back together. I reconnected the small hose and silencer and fitted the air filter unit back onto the bike.

I reconnected the speedo, two sockets and cable at both ends, then fitted the speedo unit back to the bike. Now when I tried to start her up, she will turn over but not fire up. Have I blown something whilst working on her? I don't see what I could have done, since she started fine yesterday :eusa_doh:

Any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks for the reply. All checked and she now starts again. Just took her for a spin and she's still bogging, but feels like she wants to go. Back to checking the fuel lines and cleaning the carb out I think.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online