Hi from the playground that is northern Arizona...

This post is 4455 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone! I'm a 33-year-old married woman with a soft spot for older bikes that you don't see running around every day. We currently own a 1989 Hawk NT650 GT, 1983 XZ550 Vision, 1989 FZR400, and as of yesterday a 1979 DT125F project bike. My husband and I have three small kids, so projects are something that don't necessarily get done over the weekend. We are about to overhaul a Chevy 350...the DT is in line after that. Ah well, I've waited several years for this project - I can wait another few weeks, right? RIGHT??? :tearhair:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the forum :hyper:

Welcome aboard darlyj! I too have a project bike ('76 dt175), and even without kids it's not gonna happen overnight. :/ Did I say overnight, I meant in one weekend. Although, overnight would be nice.

I hear Arizona's been extremely hot lately... stay frosty. :)

Thank you! Sacha, what part of Idaho are you from? I was born in Weiser and spent my entire childhood on a ranch outside of Council.

I've always been on the southeastern side of the state. :) Raised for about 7 years in Salmon, then moved to Idaho Falls, and now I find myself in Pocatello. Still have family in Idaho Falls, Twin Falls, and North Fork. I miss spending time at my cousin's ranch in Salmon... mainly the horseback riding. They used to have horses, cattle, and goats, but now it's just the goats... and dirt bike riding. How does western Idaho compare with Arizona? :)

I was just up near him (Couer d'Alene) a couple weeks ago, but have never met him. Couer d'Alene is about an eight hour drive from me. I think I have his site bookmarked on my laptop too.

I was just up near him (Couer d'Alene) a couple weeks ago, but have never met him. Couer d'Alene is about an eight hour drive from me. I think I have his site bookmarked on my laptop too.

wow 8 hours thats a hell of a journey...you would need a 2nd mortgage for the fuel here!

wow 8 hours thats a hell of a journey...you would need a 2nd mortgage for the fuel here!

No kidding... We spent about $125 for gas in my little versa (granted we had about half a tank left when we made it home)... and I have to wait for the travel reimbursement. :sigh2:

tbh I could've used an extra day of sleep.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online