Carb adjustment (TDR 125 DT etc)

Grizzle
This post is 4319 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Whilst using the throttle I'm experiencing some "bogging" after fitting the new throttle cable so I guess I need to adjust the carb in some way.

It ticks over normally but struggles when the throttle is applied.

I think it's the left-hand screw but not 100% sure.

05f6b2d1.jpg

(crap picture courtesy of Apple iPhone)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nope thats the mixture screw, i'd be more inclined to check out the cracks on that inlet rubber.

Thats the 32mm Dellorto carb Andy, came as standard on the TDR Belgardas mate.

Not the one I've seen. Seen a tzr125 4dl Belgarda import with a delorto 32mm. It has a plastic screw cap rather than a screwed down one.

http://i276.photobuc...25f_Ebay006.jpg

Aye could be an older carb, and can now see its a 28mm carb, I was just trying to point out that the Italian TDR, TZR, DTR, went with a Dellorto, as oposed to the standard Mikunis.and that one in the pic is deffo a Dellorto.

I'll have a good look at those possible cracks tomorrow or Monday.

Would it be the bigger screw in the middle then?

Yes but that will only adjust the idle speed. If the bike is 'bogging' after the new cable then you have either disturbed something in the slide assy, or there is slack in the cable you need to address. If it was ok before then changing the cable won't affect the carbs performance as far as adjustments go.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online