yz top end on dt125

wayne1984
This post is 4459 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello all.i have recently purchased a dt125x i want to rebuild the top end as i do not know when it was last done and the bike has now done 16,000 miles.on the side of the top end it says yz.i want to know if they all say this or has somebody changed the top end with one off a yz bike???

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can you post a pic up of it?

It should say 3MB on the lid.

It's an interesting one there airhead. I'm still confused by the "Y codes".

I have a 3mb that's y-1 but another that is y-3. I also have 3bn y-3 y-4 and y-2.

My 3mb barrels appear to be y-1. I have a 3bn barrel but can't remember what y code it was.

thanks guys looks like airhead is correct it looked like yz at a quick glance but it is actually Y-2.it also has 3MB on the head like the one in the pic above.can i take it my engine has a standard size piston now as i want to get a new one also what is a good make when it comes to buying new pistons thank

ok i was going to measure the bore with internal micrometer.will i need to buy new head bolts and other bits i have got gasket kit i just want to be able to do the change in one day without finding out im missing something .thanks again

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online