yamaha fzr600 1st supersports bike, help n advice pls

danielwj26
This post is 4342 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all i past my test at begining of this yr and got a zzr600, i wanted something sportier so i av now got my lovely fzr 600 1998, mexican made in 1997 n improted to uk in 1998, as im new to this bike i wondered if anyone can help or advise me with a few things......

1st bike judders if i try riding or cruising below 3500 rpm above this its fine. ..is this normal?

Clunky gears from 1st to 2nd and if i dont catch rite a little grinding... Again, normal?

Clutch cable is pretty much at its maximum adjsutments, chain and sprockets all good, fluids, oils, spark plugs and air filter replaced, any other help or advice gratefully received. Thanks

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Mate,

If the bike judders at low revs then either tyres or bearings could be worn. The clunky gears and the clutch cable at maximun explain themselves. Your clutch plates are worn which would explain the gears not engaging.

Check tyres and bearings and clutch plates

Hope this helps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online