yamaha yb100 magneto problem

Callum Bradburn
This post is 4462 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys i have a problem with my yb100 not starting i have changed the ingtion coil and spark plug points n condeser but it still wont start i then thought it might be low compression but the compression is good i then checked the soures coil in the magneto and im only getting a reading of 0.2v iv cleaned the flywheel up and checked the connections and they all seem fine but now im at aloss for wot to do or check any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi mate i tested the resistance today but i checked the connections again and found a lose wire so i put some more solder on it so it was a solid connection and it runs :hyper: thank you for all your help. i also have another problem when i am indicating and press the brake my indicator goes out untill i release the brake any help would be great. :)

Could be anything from a past it's best battery to connections on the 23 year old loom to unclean earth points

I would go with earth points and battery first

and is the battery filled to the correct level with de-ionised water?

is it 6v or 12v by the way?

its a 6v system and its just had a brand new battery about a 2month ago coz it dint come with 1and filled to the correct level and iv cleaned all the earth points connections and switchs and its still the same

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online