xs360 clutch adjustment

ipbrennan
This post is 4471 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just bought an yamaha xs360, everything is in great shape but I had a problem with the clutch. I went to pull in the clutch while stopped in my driveway, heard a pop, and looked down at the clutch cable which had popped out of the push rod assembly and casing. on further inspection and removal of the case i found that the spring connected to the worm nut was stretched out and had little to no resistance. I have since replaced it, put the clutch cable back in, case back on, but now i get no resistance on the clutch lever, i can pull it in but it won't engage and there is no resistance. I have little experience with bikes in general but I'm trying to learn anything is helpful. Also a question about the push rod, is it supposed to just stay put or should i feel resistance when i push it in? how does that whole system work?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you need to get a bike manual, it tells you all the procedures.

head over to xs400.com as your q's are answered many times over

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online