Battery woes

dav a
This post is 4388 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all ,recently replaced the battery on my 1300 midnight star I filled it charged it and fitted all as in the instructions everything was fine for a few weeks and then I had problems with the drive belt pully (thats another story)this took a couple of weeks to sort but with this problem hopefully solved I tried to start it only to find the battery completley flat ,so on with the Optimate, 24 hours later still not charged could only get it up to 11volts, when I tried to contact the company to get help I found they will only respond by E mail .They have now told me if I wish to claim under warrenty I will have to send it back at my own cost and if no fault is found they will return it at my cost plus a seperate charge for their experts ? to test it. needless to say I wont be buying from them again. sorry rant over ,thanks for reading Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if possible take it to a local bike garage / dealers and ask if they can test it for you.

i got a motobatt battery for the virago, and i have to say i'm very impressed,

There is an alarm fitted but wasnt turned on its not that the battery went flat that annoyed me its that it wont accept a full charge

but a battery shoulldnt be allowed to go flat it's the very fact it was discharged to this degree that is now causing the problem...if you have it laid up for any length of time...especially with an alarm, disconnect the battery...or optimate it

if a battery gets under 50% of its charge, you will not be able to reclaim most of the amps back due to sulphating. If it goes completly flat, then your in deep doodoo!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online