Hi everyone

This post is 4468 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im new here and realy could use some help Identifing the positive and neg terminals on a 2001 dt 50 voltage regulator . The plug is gone on this rebuild.And the schematic doesn't show the location of the wire's.

About me I have been riding 37 years owned 5hp mini bike, 74 xr 75, 80 kx 80,81 rm125 ,82it175 77 cb350 1st street bike,78 gs750 4 Rd 350's 81,82,83,88 ,82 seca 400,81 gpz 750,83 gs 750,86 fzr600,88gsxr750 ,81 gs 1100 current rides 2001 wrf250 and a 2001 bandit gsf 1200.

I have done some road racing,ice racing and mx .Went to school for motorcycle mechanic but switched to automotive, winters are to long here in canada not much work on bikes for 5 months of the year,been licenced mechanic since 1998. Hate working on cars but it pay's the bills,love tinkering with bikes seem's like as soon as one is fixed someone I know needs something fixed,so the garage is always litered with bike parts.

Getting to old for mx so I'm going to motard the wrf this winter and give that a go next year

Well thats enough blabing about myself,I hope someone with a dt 50 or knows someone with one will read this and have a peek under thier tank and get back to me about the location of the positive(red) and neg (black) .I posted in the other section workshop but my son want's to ride this bike and this is the last thing I need to wire up.

O ya I have allready given help to a member with his carb problem so I will keep checking in and help when I can

Thanks Phil K

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:welcome: Phil. Sounds like you are well experienced. I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out, and you'll likely be able to help others out too. :)

Welcome Phill" help will be along post up in wokshop tho , as these threads are buried quickly,,, :spin2: