New Boy Renovating a DT125

This post is 4471 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Im new to this site so i thought i would introduce myself and what im doing. I recently brought a DT125 used off road and i would like to put it back on the road and renovate it to a good condition. if there is anyone out there who could point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated. I am an electrical/mechanical engineer so i feel confident in my abilities ( i've just never worked on a bike before!). The bike has no frame no's as it was stolen/recovered (I have the receipts of my proof of purchase) and it is in progress to go on a q plate with DVLA V55/5 (so it is Legit!). as soon as i figure out how to put pictures on here could someone please help me identify the actual model number? the engine i beleive is a 4BL type (thats all the information i have). has anyone else restored a DT before and if so could you let me know what i have let myself in for.

Thanks,

Ben

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Dtboy ,

welcome to the forum , is you take a look in the projects section of the forum you will see a few superb step by step frame up rebuilds of dt's , there is also a large amount of dt owners on the forum so help is never too fay away.

Thanks Mark

HI

Thanks Mark i'll check that out.

Airhead - I phoned the DVLA and they said i need to fill out a V55/5 then take the bike down there for marking which i can then get MOT'ed and insured against, they will only then issue me new documentation on a q plate. that is what the chap from the DVLA told me. I can assure you it is all legit ( otherwise i wouldnt have phoned the DVLA ). If I am missing anything important or have got the wrong end of the stick please let me know.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online