more mods than you can shake a stick need to get insured

dan28
This post is 4318 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my insurance runs out end of june

i am 31 have a one years no claims an would like to get insured tpft on cbt

i have a 125 dragstar

i tried getting a quote from carole nash but there wasnt enough boxes to list all the mods

can anyone recomened any insurance companies

an does anyone have any e mail address so i can e mail them direct with a description an photos of the bike

the mods are as follows

engine standard

after market air filter

after market exhaust e marked

different switch gears metal grips am bar ends

after market mirrors (e marked)

wide slab front forks with twin brake calipers an braided hoses

wider wheels front tyre size120 60 17 rear tyre size150 60 17

metal mudguards fitted

twin head lights (e marked)

led rear light (e marked)

led indicators (e marked)

frame convetrted to single seat

different rear swing arm

rear end converted to rigid (hardtail)

original rear drum brake changed to disc brake

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

They are mainly interested in modifications that affect the performance of the bike, give them a ring and discuss. I am insured with carole nash and have a non standard exhaust heated grips, hugger, rear led light etc etc....i have spoken to them and they arent really interested provided the exhaust is road legal and it doent change performance...

im with rampdale insurance and iv insured my xvs bobber 125 (google it for pics), .......its had an engine swap, the lot, but the engine produces exactly the same power output (with like 1 extra nm of torque) as the original. they were happy that everything else was cosmetic therefore no performance upgrade was on the bike, my insurance was about £130 with breakdown and legal cover tpft with 6 years no claims.

with your mods id say to them its lossed performance due to the heavier mods like, wider wheels, metal mudguards, and twin headlamp. The extra weight slows the bike down plus the twin calipers and rear disk make it stop better.

Just list mods until they fill all the boxes and say no more.

I myself have more security than they can accomodate on their form.

when i did the online quote with carole nash they only only give you 5 boxes to list the mods

if i only listed mods then surely all the other things not declared would make it void i d rather hold my hands up to every thing even if it means paying more at least i ll be covered

to be honest i d rather email them with pics an full description as just telling someone over the phone its hard for them to build a mental picture of what it looks like

Phone them up, mention the important ones first and if there's more they'll probably not be too worried about them.

i emailed devitt an told them all the changes

they e mailed back saying the underwriters have delined the changes an they cannot of renewal

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online