XJ6 and the V35 Panniers

Will Munsey
This post is 4292 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello guys

I'm looking at getting the V35 Givi panniers for my Xj6. BUT from a picture I saw they seem really close to the pillion pegs[not sure if it was the angle of the picture]

I really want them for longer distance stuff but not if the pillion is going to lose out?

Any one who knows please shed some light for me! Thanks !!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I don't have Givi ones but my Nonfangos are close to the rear pegs as well but when your on the bike theres plenty of room cos they sort of angle away from the pegs (round edges) so although it looks tight in fact theres lots of room. Hope that helps a bit as not many people seem to use top box and panniers in the UK nowadays. :jossun:

Hello guys

I'm looking at getting the V35 Givi panniers for my Xj6. BUT from a picture I saw they seem really close to the pillion pegs[not sure if it was the angle of the picture]

I really want them for longer distance stuff but not if the pillion is going to lose out?

Any one who knows please shed some light for me! Thanks !!!

Will,

I had the Givi PLXR rack on my XJ6 and Kappa K33N panniers (they are almost identical to the Givi V35s). Sadly i never actually had a pillion on there with the panniers, but your thoughts are bang on, a pillion would have a tough time.

DSC01215.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

HTH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What did you end up going for? Tempted to get some panniers for my XJ6 to do a bit of touring around the UK.

@pilninggas - Do you have liners for the boxes? Going to be carrying a laptop and SLR camera so wondering whether they're going to get rattled about too much or not.

Any advice/tips much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't gone for any yet! Based on pillion ride I wouldn't bother as leg room is an issue. But for solo I think I will end up purchasing these.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online