What restrictions do old DT175's have?

This post is 4473 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im gettting my list of thing to do this weekend together. And I have seen alot of you guys talk about de-resticting these two strokes. I have a 75 and a 78 both dt175's what should I look for as far as restricions go?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the only true restriction i have seen with the mx was a tube in the exhaust header...however they dont all have it and theres nothing to say yours has and from how you described its performance it seems yours is a pretty hot performar eh?

you never did answer the question about your MX though ?

As far as restrictions go on pre 1980 stuff, nothing. The restrictions came in around 1981ish in the UK. There may have been none at all your side of the pond.

the only true restriction i have seen with the mx was a tube in the exhaust header...however they dont all have it and theres nothing to say yours has and from how you described its performance it seems yours is a pretty hot performar eh?

you never did answer the question about your MX though ?

Well i have no idea if the 78 is a hot performer compared to other bikes, I just know its a ton faster than the 75. And I'll post the VIN this weekend. After tearing down snow cat suspension and doing head gaskets on Mercedes 460 series all day I dont really feel like wrenching on bikes when I get home so that stuff usually doesnt get touched during the week.

What is the name of the color that your bike is painted Airhead? I really am in love with your moto.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online