dt 125 first bike?

takethemoneyandrun
This post is 4490 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone i have just joined your sight tonight anyway i passed my bike test last week and now need to get a first bike onroad legal one anyway ha.

im looking to start out on a 125 2 stroke to gain some experience........ wimp arnt i :babyha: a friend has a fireblade for sale but probably not a good idea if i want to reach xmas

anyway that same friend has suggested that i get my self a yamaha dt 125 to start on apparently its a quick,reliable good all rounder from what he has heard but has never owned one himself so cant tell me to much.

from looking at it online it just what im after a enduro dirt bike type with a upright riding position good for a learner.

i dont really know anything about bikes mechanically but really want to get going but need some advice first.

so here goes.

is a dt a good first bike, is it reliable, what kind of speed would you expect, i understand the answers will depend on how its been treated ect but as a rule?

what kind of price could i pick one up for, are parts easy to get, running cost ect

sorry to go on but i know f all really so thought id ask you guys for some advice first any help would be much appreciated

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online