new biker!

This post is 4475 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the YOC. :) I suppose the best bike will depend on your taste. Do you like cruisers, "bullet" bikes, enduros? Are you looking for a commuter, an around town, or a touring bike? The other folks will probably have a better idea as they've ridden quite a but more than myself. I'd day get something big enough but not too big. I'm already on the hunt for a bigger bike. :)

Hi

5 grand budget, I would think that would buy a very trick 125. However I would buy a good condition second hand bike from a reputable place for about a grand, max splash out on the safety gear and water proofs, and be prepared to topple the bike over a few times as you are learning to attack the traffic, I have been riding for over 30 years, last year I did a superman flight over the handle bars on my DT whilst on the Viking way, So experience don’t always make you immune to trip ups,

What ever you buy have fun and be safe, well ‘ish’.

Yer go on, get ye self a Fireblade, nothing will happen (apart from becoming another statistic) Get a bike to your likings but get one that isnt way out of your riding capabilities! your find that these days a 600cc pocket rocket are getting just as good as a 1000cc bike from 3 years ago so why not try VFR 750 -800, Bandit 600, Triumph Legend, Yammy Thunder cat or Thunder race.

But its what ever style bike you want as Sacha said. How long have you been riding bikes for? are you a COMPLETE NEWBIE to riding? if so Start small at a bike at 600cc then work up over the years to the bigger bikes so you get your road sense.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online