Bobber in the making?

new_boy
This post is 4380 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys

This is my first road legal bike after passing my test a few months ago.

So far i have removed as much bolt on bullsh*t as i dare, changed the seat, numberplate/light arrangement and sprayed a few bits up, oh and the tyres.

My next mods will be somesort of straight through exhaust and also to remove the foot boards (if anyone has any info or links to another post on this i would be grateful)

Anyway let me know what you all think as i am still undecided

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looking good, think you may need mudguards of some sort though as the bike is not road legal without them

Wow, has some one stuck some thing un comfortable up yer arse? lol

Your will find that just putting straight through pipes on aint that simple, you will also need to up jet the carbs and all sorts which takes many a day and temper tantrums. Take a look at my Bobber project (link in my sig) what may give you some helpful tips or just a tea break read or even a laugh depending your mood :biglaugha:

Good going so far tho dude, but unless your just a Harley Davidson wanabie and not going to ride unless there is more than 100% clear sky id put a rear mud guard on, front don't matter much except for MOTs but a rear is a must.

Also get rid of those pissing indicators! i have no idea what the Yammy designer was thinking (or smoking) when he / she put them on that bike!

Thanks guys

Its just passed an mot with no mudguards so not sure on the rules, but i think i need a couple of short ones anyway. Will take a look now noise

Mudguards are only part of the MOT if they are fitted, but to be road legal you need mudguards, the police can pull you for not having any and I would assume that it could make your insurance invalid.

The MOT is a safety check and does not always check everything that makes you road legal.

I see this is now on ebay, guessing you dont like it now?

I see this is now on ebay, guessing you dont like it now?

Only needed a cushion!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online