73 RD350 Advice

Sacha
This post is 4341 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all! Hopefully it's OK for me to do this (and do it here). If not please put me in my place. I realize this auction is about to end so there may not be time for a lot of advice. However, it's the exact year RD350 I'm dreaming of and it shows that it's in in my vicinity! How high do you all think it would be worth going (if the bidding gets off)? I know it won't be as fun as building my own, but at least I'll have something that I can ride on the highway without struggling to get up to the 55-65 speed limit... at least until I can get my own bike built. I'm not sure about the wire behind the motor or why he would do that. ?? I also don't like the routing of the front brake line, but if he's really done the work he said (and done it well) it should be in immaculate shape. Just thought I'd see what you all think.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's not cheap sacha so it might not sell, that would give you more time to see it and make the guy a cheaper offer when you do so? dont forget he will have fees on his ebay sale...i wonder what the reserve is?

mervin is the guy for RD's here

Thanks for the quick response Paul! I'm not sure of the reserve either. I'm hoping it doesn't sell so I can find out how far it is and go take a look. I'd like to know my feet can touch the ground on it before I buy it. :D I'm just going to wait and see. If it does sell there's a 4 stroke 500 that's been sitting by my house for years. I could see if i can talk the guy's mom out if it. It would need some serious work, but that's half the fun IMO. :)

Yeh sash" thats a nice caffe racer RD, Wth the weight savings and tuned motor it will be a flyer " :spin2:

But with all highly tuned motors ,they will need fettled often, every day will bring a different running issue,, :eusa_doh:

But with all highly tuned motors ,they will need fettled often, every day will bring a different running issue,, :eusa_doh:

Seriously! :D Doesn't look like it sold so we'll see if he responds to my email. Thanks. :)

Sacha, I'm just looking at Idaho on google maps. Can't see you there though?

Can't see Pocatello on there Mike? I'm on my phone and can't seem to share a Google map. I'm in southeast Idaho near Boise, Twin Falls, Idaho Falls.

Found it. Looks great, nice and open.

You're more or less in line with southern France, so I guess the weather is quite sunny.

If you want to see my bike, tap into google maps SN15 1JF bring the orange man down to Tugela Road and look for the bike with the blue fuel tank.

Obviously you will need a laptop/desk top.

Found it. Looks great, nice and open.

You're more or less in line with southern France, so I guess the weather is quite sunny.

If you want to see my bike, tap into google maps SN15 1JF bring the orange man down to Tugela Road and look for the bike with the blue fuel tank.

Obviously you will need a laptop/desk top.

Awesome! I'll do that when I get home tomorrow! It's nice here in the summer, but the wind is shit most of the time.

Funily enough, were supposed to be in the middle of summer here, June 21st is our longest day (daylight hours)

But the weather is the worst it's been for over a hundred years. Most of the Counties have a hosepipe ban, yet some places are being flooded out. And the wind is reaching gale force.

But as we Brits say, always look on the bright side, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online