Hello from Wales

This post is 4488 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Brand new to this site so thought I would say Hi. I have a '82 Yamaha XS1100 Maxim trike which I'm in the process of doing up. Don't know if this is the right place for info but does anyone know where I can get hold of a replacement tank? Looked everywhere and can only seem to find them in the States. Or are there replacement tanks out there that'll fit my frame? Thanks for your time!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Byron and welcome!

Has you frame got a single back bone? If so i have a Harley Davidson Soft tail Tank sat in my shed doing nothing if you want it? it has no fuel valve, fuel pump nor fuel cap but these are easy to get on e-bay.

Hey thanks for that offer but my frame is a double. I'm struggling to get info on whether I'm stuck with having to find a genuine Yam replacement or if I can put an alternative fuel tank on the bike without having to modify. Can't get answers anywhere so am hoping you guys have any ideas?

There is a guy up Scotland with a company called chopperz that will convert your frame to a single back bone for less than £100 look at page four of my bobber project for his web site if thats a route you wanna go down?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online